WHAT TO EXPECT: The second of three cruises for the week is the “West Side Cruise”. This is an informal cruise, which begins at the Walmart parking lot (700 St. Albert Trail) at 6:00 pm. You can expect the cruise to take approximately 2 hours. The rules of the road apply; this is not a parade so please refrain from throwing candy, but do enjoy the ride as you cruise through some of St. Albert’s fine West Side neighbourhoods such as: Deer Ridge, Downtown, Grandin, Heritage Lakes, Jensen Lakes, Lacombe Park, Mission, North Ridge, and Ville Giroux.
Starting Location: ATB/CWB Banks & St Albert Walmart PLEASE do not arrive on site prior to 5:15PM. This is NOT a Show, it is staging only for the cruise. Drivers will be asked to stay in cars.
CRUISING ETIQUETTE: This year’s community cruise provides an opportunity for you to share an evening with like-minded classic car lovers while discovering many beautiful areas of St. Albert. Below are some guidelines intended to make the cruise the best possible experience for everyone.
1. All vehicles must adhere to “rules of the road” (I.e. speed limits, stop signs, traffic lights, etc.)
2. This is a cruise, not a parade. Please, no candy or other items thrown to spectators from vehicles.
3. Do your best to maintain single file in curb lanes wherever possible.
4. Avoid passing unless necessary.
5. CAUTION: be aware of spectators anxious to get a good look at your vehicle.
6. A friendly wave or toot of the horn is a great way to thank spectators for coming out to Rock’n August.
TO REGISTER: Register Here! (Note: Although the event is free, we would like cars to register to assist us with staging details.)